Sunday, June 8, 2014

Rainbow Farro Bowl with Homemade Hummus

1 cab ride, 2 airplanes, 1 bus, 3 trains and 10 hours later, I finally made it back to my apartment in queens. I spent the past 3 days in New Orleans with my most favorite girls/bridesmaids and we had such an amazing time. 
3 full days of oysters, beignets, po' boys and bloody marys, I'm feeling equal parts satisfied and bloated.
I knew that I needed to make a dish tonight that would help me start my week off right so I decided to make a Rainbow Farro Bowl with Homemade Hummus and it was delicious!

Here's what you need.

Bowl:
1/2 Cup of Cooked Farro
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Green Pepper
20 Cherry Tomatoes
1 small eggplant
15 Pistachios (tossed with salt and pepper on the stove for 5 mins)

Hummus:
1 Can Chick Peas
2 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1/2 lemon 
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp parsley
Salt and Pepper

For the salad, toss all of the vegetables with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast at 375 for about 30 minutes.



For the hummus, combine all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.


Put the farro and veggies in a bowl, top with hummus and a little more lemon salt and pepper. It's light and healthy but still delicious. And it's a great dish to have for left overs during the week.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment