Sunday, June 22, 2014

Homemade Guacamole

Guacamole...so simple yet so amazing. It's the perfect dip for a lazy warm Sunday night. I've been making guacamole with a few years now and I've been followed tons of different recipes. However, I've always struggled with the appropriate balance of citrus, spice and salt. Tonight I had a break through and I think I've finally discovered the perfect balance...at least for me! 
So here it is :



4 ripe avocados
1/2 ripe tomato, seeded
1/2 red onion
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 2 limes
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Generous helping of salt- for me it was about a full teaspoon 
Pinch of Pepper

Combine all ingredients and mash together.
For me, I love the taste of lime in my guacamole so I was super happy with the 2 limes and the red onion adds the perfect amount of spice.



No comments:

Post a Comment