Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Baked Eggs in Avocado

This is a recipe I've been seeing all over Instagram and I've been wanting to try for awhile. When I tell you it's the most perfect weekday meal, it's literally perfect. It's quick, easy and super versatile. The best part about it, other than being super quick, is that you get to be a little creative and play with the flavors. I love eggs so much, they are like the perfect blank canvas for developing flavors.

You also get a ton of omega 3's out of this dish too!

So here it is!

What You'll Need:

  • 1 Small Avocado
  • 2 Medium Organic Eggs
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Other Seasonings of Your Choice (Cayenne or Paprika would be great)
  • Herbs of Your Choice, I used Thyme because that's all I had
OR
  • Chopped chives or onions would also be awesome!

What to Do:

  • Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
  • Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit
  • Scoop out a little bit of the flesh just to make the hole slightly larger
  • Place inside a Ramekin or other baking dish (make sure to spray the bottom in case the egg white drips out)
  • Crack the egg inside the avocado, trying to get the yolk in there first
  • Top with Salt, Pepper, Herbs and or Onions
  • Bake for 15-20 min, the yoke should be a little runny not hard
Enjoy!

That's it! Just a quick blog post tonight to go with my quick dinner!

Oh, and a quick update for anyone who is interested...My new gluten free, dairy free diet has been fantastic! I haven't had a stomach ache in 5 days (must be a record) and I have more energy than I've ever had. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment